|Photo by woodleywonderworks|
Going to a restaurant to celebrate a special occasion seems to be the norm in our culture. Someone's birthday? Let's go out! Got a promotion? Let's go out! Got an A on the big test? Let's go out!
But eating out on the paleo diet can be tough. It's not impossible but it's hard to know when your really getting quality food. It can also be hard on your wallet.
Below are some ideas for making dinner at home special when you have something to celebrate. Or you just want to have a little fun on a smaller budget.
- Have everyone dress up for dinner. Semi formal, formal or go the other way and dress in costume.
- Light candles, bring out the table cloth, flowers and nice dishes
- Have a special plate just for the birthday person (or person of honor). This can be a great family tradition. It's fun and easy to make one at pottery painting stores.
- Pick a fun theme such as "new baby" where all the food would be tiny. This requires some advance planning.
- Take it outside. Have a picnic in the backyard or the park.
- Eat a simple meal while playing board games
- Draw a large banner. Congratulations! or whatever is appropriate.
- Use interesting serving dishes. Half a scooped out watermelon for fruit salad. For kids, a toy dump truck or a sand pail. (thoroughly cleaned of course!)
- Make the food fun such as heart shaped pancakes or veggies in a happy face.
- Listen to fun, silly or romantic music
You may also like:
This post has been entered in: